Think crumbling ancient Greek architecture, pristine beaches, and captivating hilltop villages – it’s no wonder that many tourists plan to travel to Cyprus.
Although the island has been open for tourism for a number of months, it has still retained its traffic light system. So, before you book your holiday to this jewel in the Med, make sure that you meet the specific requirements.
Please Note: All travellers to Cyprus, regardless of their vaccination, or country status, must register online with the CyprusFlightPass within 48 hours of their departure.
The categorization of the below countries is effective from the 19th of August 2021.
Who can Travel to Cyprus – The Green List
Arrivals on the ‘low risk’, green list can travel to Cyprus without facing any restrictions or testing. These countries are:
- European Union member states: Germany, Croatia, Hungary, Poland, Romania,
Slovakia, Czech Republic
- Third countries: Australia, Jordan, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore
The Orange List – Testing Needed
Travellers arriving from countries on the medium risk ‘orange’ list will need to provide a negative PCR test no older than 72 hours. These are:
- European Union member states: Austria, Bulgaria, Greece, Italy, Latvia,
Luxembourg, Slovenia, Finland
- Small states: Vatican City
- Schengen members: Lichtenstein, Norway
- Third countries: North Macedonia, Canada, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Qatar, China,
Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Bahrein, Saudi Arabia
Arrivals who are Cypriot nationals or citizens, maybe undergo additional medical screening on arrival.
The Red List
Travellers on the red list are only permitted to enter Cyprus for essential reasons. These travellers must have a negative PCR test 72 hours before travelling and will be tested again on arrival. The second test and the subsequent self-isolation until a negative test result is at the traveller’s own expense. These countries are:
- European Union member states: Belgium, France, Denmark, Estonia, Ireland, Spain,
Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden
- Small states: Andorra, Monaco, San Marino
- Schengen members: Switzerland, Iceland
- Third countries: Azerbaijan, Egypt, Albania, Armenia, Georgia, United Arab
Emirates, United States of America, United Kingdom, Japan, Israel, Kuwait, Belarus,
Lebanon, Montenegro, Moldova, Brunei, South Korea, Ukraine, Russia, Serbia
Grey List Countries
Any country not listed above is on Cyprus’ grey list. This means that visitors cannot travel to Cyprus without special permission and must quarantine for 14 days.
Exceptions to Travel Restrictions
Any person who has received a full dose of an accepted vaccine can travel to Cyprus without facing any testing or quarantine rules. Vaccines that are currently recognized by Cyprus authorities are: Pfizer/BioNTech, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Janssen, Sputnik V, Sinopharm, Sinovac.