France has recently relaxed its entry requirements for vaccinated travellers from all over the world. The EU digital COVID certificate is recognized all over Europe, and allows its holders ease of entry to restaurants, attractions, and accommodation. Now, in order to facilitate a visitor’s trip to, and through, France, the French government have created a system to recognize non-EU (or UK) vaccine certificates.
Applying to convert your vaccine certificate is quick and easy – and will make your holiday in France a bit more stress-free!
How to convert your vaccine certificate
If you have not been vaccinated in one of the following: European Union Member States, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, Switzerland, United Kingdom (England and Wales only) then you can apply to receive a French certificate of equivalence.
You must meet the following criteria:
- You are not below the age of 18. A certificate is not required for those between 12 and 17 years. Children under 12 are exempt from all Covid-19 restrictions.
- You have received a full dose of a vaccine recognized by the European Medicines Agency or equivalent. Or provide proof that you have recovered from Covid-19 and received one jab. The following timelines apply:
- 4 weeks after a single dose injection (Johnson & Johnson)
- 7 days after the second dose of a double injection (AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna)
- 7 days after the first injection if you have recovered from Covid-19.
You can apply for the certificate if you are already in France or travelling to the country soon.
All applications for the vaccine certificate can be made online through the following links:
Non-student foreign nationals (including tourists): https://www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/commencer/passe-sanitaire-etrangers
Foreign students enrolled in French education establishments: https://www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/commencer/passe-sanitaire-etudiants
Once your application has been processed you will receive an email with a QR code. This can be printed and used as a hardcopy, or, added to the TousAntiCovid smart app which you can download onto your phone. The latter can store all your certificates and documents, and can be presented when visiting museums, restaurants, and entertainment venues.